Important information about the Diver Stress and Rescue Course
The Stress and Rescue course will increase your ability to spot problems quickly, also teach you how to act in stressful situations. So that if an emergency happened you would know what to do.
Learn how to prevent & deal with different situations including:
- Self-rescue techniques. Helping you to deal with typical diving problems better, increasing your self confidence in your diving ability & making you a better buddy.
- Dealing with tired or panicked divers at the surface & underwater. Recognising & managing stress in other divers.
- Emergency management & equipment.
- Rescuing unresponsive divers.
- Search patterns for missing divers.
Once you are comfortable performing the different exercises your SSI instructor will take you through 3 rescue scenarios. Throughout the scenarios you will use your new skills to find your “missing” buddy!
From 15 years old you can complete the SSI Diver Stress and Rescue Program
Good general health, there will be a medical disclaimer on your SSI portal you will need to fill out prior to starting your scuba training. Certain medical conditions may require you to be signed off by a doctor to dive.
Learn to dive in small groups so that you can develop excellent diving skills and maximising your fun in a friendly and safe environment.
€420 (Discounts for 2 more people)
SSI Open Water card or equivalent
Proof of CPR and First Aid training from the last 24 months (unless you are completing the React Right course with us)
Diving Insurance (if you do not have this we can set you up with our partner Dive-Assure)