SSI Navigation Course
- Open Water Diver Certification
- SSI Digital Student Material – Navigation
- SSI Digital Certification Card
- 2 Dives
- Diving Insurance (mandatory – can be provided by our partner Dive Assure if required)
- Equipment (available for 40/day)
WHY LEARN NAVIGATION?
Have you ever asked yourself, “How does my dive guide manage to find their way back to the exit point without getting lost?” The Navigation specialty program is all about improving your navigating underwater so that you can return to your start point with ease.
This program provides the skills and concepts required to safely and comfortably navigate underwater during a dive. During 1 morning you will complete 2 dives where you will learn:
How to use a compass
How to use natural navigation techniques
Basic navigation patterns such as squares patterns and u-shaped patterns
How to leave and return to a designated point
After you have completed both dives, you will earn the SSI Navigation Specialty and be one step closer to becoming a SSI Specialty Diver.