Website Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the Atlantic Scuba Adventures Website.
We assume you accept these terms and conditions in full by accessing this website. Do not continue to use Atlantic Scuba Adventures’ website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of the provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Dublin. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same.
- A payment will be charged at the time of the booking to confirm the booking.
- Candidates using our equipment for any course are responsible for that equipment and will be charged for any loss or damage howsoever caused.
- Candidates may not participate in open water activities without a satisfactorily completed medical statement and a statement of understanding and assumption of risk. Any delays caused to the course by failure to complete these administrative and medical requirements will be chargeable at the current missed session rate.
- Any non-attendance of scheduled sessions will be charged at the current missed session rate.
- If Customers fail to meet the performance requirements on any dive or knowledge development session, at the sole discretion of the instructor, we reserve the right to charge for repeating that dive or session, the rate for this will be based on the current missed session rate at that time and depend on the nature of the dive or session in question.
- Neither Atlantic Scuba Adventures, its employees nor its contractors can be held responsible for damage to, or loss of, any personal equipment caused before, during or after any diving activities.
Course Cancellations made by you:
You are entitled to cancel your course at any point. All cancellations can be made by the following methods:
Texting (SMS) the office on +353 (0) 85 882 4797,
2) emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation will take effect from the day this notice is received and the receipt will be confirmed in writing via text message or email.
Cancellation charges as a percentage of the total course price depend on the number of days before the course on which notice of cancellation was received. The following cancellations charges will apply:
A) Cancellation fee of 100% is charged if cancelled 15 days or less before the event
B) Cancellation fee of 50% is charged if cancelled 30 days or less before the event
C) Cancellation fee of 25% is charged if cancelled 60 days or less before the event
Changes made by us:
- It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your course arrangements. Occasionally, we may have to make changes (for example, a classroom change may be necessary or a Dive Site for training) and we reserve the right to do so at any time.
- We also reserve the right to cancel your course arrangements. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a particular course arrangement is not reached, we may have to cancel it. However, in that case, the Dive Centre can reschedule your booked course to another planned course in the future if available or transfer your payment to your Gift Card provided by us.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Any compensation payments do not apply if we reschedule or cancel your course due to circumstances beyond our control. We can reschedule or cancel your course in the following circumstances: war, the threat of war, riots, civil strife or terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, epidemic or pandemic, fire, technical problems with transport, technical problems in general, airport closures, ferry cancellation, bad weather conditions and similar events beyond our control.
Atlantic Scuba Adventures reserves the right to charge an administration fee for any amendments requested by the customer to scheduled sessions on a booked course. This fee may be charged in addition to a missed session fee at the discretion of Atlantic Scuba Adventures.
All courses must be commenced within 8 months of the booking unless by prior agreement with Atlantic Scuba Adventures. Courses not commenced within 8 months of the booking will result in the loss of any fees paid.
Candidates agree to abide by the rules and decisions of Atlantic Scuba Adventures, its staff and subcontractors in all diver-training matters.
No refunds will be made after the course has started.
Unless otherwise stated, Atlantic Scuba Adventures and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Atlantic Scuba Adventures. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://www.atlanticscubaadventures.ie for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
1. Republish material from https://www.atlanticscubaadventures.ie
2. Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://www.atlanticscubaadventures.ie
3. Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://www.atlanticscubaadventures.ie
4. Redistribute content from Atlantic Scuba Adventures (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
HYPERLINKING TO OUR CONTENT
1. Government agencies;
2. Search engines;
3. News organisations;
4. Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and
5. Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organisations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
The following organisations may link to our Web site without prior written approval. These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link:
(a) is not in any way misleading;
(b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and
(c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
SSI, Mares, An Cheathrú Rua, Wild Atlantic Way, Atlantic Marine Training, Dive Assure.
We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organisations:
1. commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources
2. dot.com community sites;
3. associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
4. online directory distributors;
5. internet portals;
6. accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
7. educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organisations if we determine that:
(a) the link would not reflect unfavourably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organisations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link);
(b)the organisation does not have an unsatisfactory record with us;
(c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of ; and
(d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organisation.
These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link:
(a) is not in any way misleading;
(b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and
(c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organisations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, your organisation name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organisations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
1. By use of our corporate name; or
2. By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
3. By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the
context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of the Atlantic Scuba Adventures logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
REMOVAL OF LINKS FROM OUR WEBSITE
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked website objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
1. limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
2. limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
3. limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
4. exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer:
(a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
(b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
certifications, administration of your private information and any other necessary specifics regarding the performance of this agreement.
SSI and SSI Training Centres jointly determine the purpose, scope and delivery of training content, processing, issuing and delivering certifications and administration of your personal data stored in the MySSI system at SSI International GmbH, Johann-Hoellfritsch-Straße 6,
90530 Wendelstein, Germany, Email: info@diveSSI.com, Tel:+49-9129-9099380.
If you have questions or you would like a copy of the Joint Controller Agreement that describes the above arrangement and the safeguards for
protecting your personal data, go to the following link: https://my.divessi.com/ssi_dc_joint_controller_agreement, or contact SSI at privacy@
This privacy statement applies only to the SSI Training Centre. Sections 1 to 8 and 10 to 11 of this privacy statement including its Appendix (“General Provisions”) explain in general how we collect and use your personal data when you use our services or the services from an SSI Training Center. The addendum contained in Section 9 (“Californian Provisions”) contains additional provisions in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) that only apply to Californian residents. The Californian Provisions supplement the General Provisions but in the event of any conflict between the General Provisions and the Californian Provisions, the Californian Provisions shall prevail but only with regard to Californian residents. A separate data protection statement applies for the use of the MySSI section at my.diveSSI.com.
SSI International GmbH, SSI Training Centres, your SSI Instructor and other SSI Professionals may all be involved in your training, processing,
and delivery of your certification, therefore we need to collect and process the following personal data:
• First and Last Name
• Address, Post Box
• Postcode, City
• State and Country
• Email Address
• Telephone Numbers (optional)
• Date of Birth
• SSI Master ID
• Course Type, Course Progress
• Certification Data (Number, Date, Instructor,
Instructor Number, Number of Certification
Dives, Certification Year)
• Training Centre Affiliation
• MySSI App Geo Locations
• Medical Information
• Insurance Data (when applicable)
• SSI Professional Number (only for
• QMS Data (for Professionals)
Note: The personal data we collect is for the sole purpose of delivering training content, processing, issuing and delivering certifications, and
administration of your personal data stored in the MySSI system.
With your registration in the MySSI system, you will be able to access everything SSI – Digital Training Materials, MySSI Logbook, Certification
Cards are available at the SSI website www.divessi.com or the MySSI mobile app. Additionally, SSI International GmbH (SSI), your SSI Training
Centre, SSI Instructors and SSI Professionals will have access to your personal data for training and certification purposes.
Activation of your MySSI account is mandatory to access your
personal profile, training progress, certifications, education level and much more.
Upon completion of all academic, pool and open water training, SSI will process your digital certification card information – Your Name, Photo,
Customer Number (Master ID), SSI Training Centre, Certifying Instructor, Year You Started Diving, Level of Experience, Number of Dives, and
Issue Date. All this information is accessible through our MySSI account.
The described processing is necessary for the performance of a contract (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation).
By registering in MySSI, you are consenting to share your personal data: Name (First and Last), Address (Postbox), Postcode (Zip), City, State,
Country, Email Address, Telephone Numbers (optional), Date of Birth, Photo, Language, Gender, SSI Master ID, Course Type, Course Progress
and Certification Information (Name, SSI Training Centre, Certifying Instructor, Year You Started Diving, Level of Experience, Number of Dives
and Issue Date), plus your Training Centre Affiliation.
Additionally, all personal information voluntarily provided by you and stored in MySSI,
e.g. – Specific diving insurance policies (when applicable) or Medical Participant Questionnaires for processing student and professional
certifications through other SSI Service Centres. You may choose to affiliate or do business with any SSI Service Centre or SSI Training Centre around the world. For a complete list of all Service Centres and Training Centres log on to https://my.divessi.com/ssi or https://my.divessi.com/
By giving your consent, SSI Training Centers may subsequently access your personal data described above in order to identify you, verify
or confirm the status of your training and certifications and offer you continued training and services based on your diving experience.
Legal basis for the described processing is consent (Article 6 (1) (a) General Data Protection Regulation).
Special rules for youth under the age of 16
Youth under the age of 16 cannot participate in any SSI training without the explicit consent of their parent or legally appointed guardian.
Personal data for youth under the age of 16 is only used for conducting training and issuing certifications as described above.
Youth under the age of 16 who visit www.diveSSI.com cannot register or use the MySSI system without consent from their parent or legal guardian. SSI strongly recommends that the parent or legal guardian closely monitor their youth’s internet activities until they are of legal age.
Transferring your personal data to third parties
In the event of a diving incident or a complaint against an SSI Professional, your SSI Training Center may transfer your personal data to SSI (SSI
International GmbH, Johann-Hoellfritsch-Straße 6, 90530 Wendelstein, Germany) by email to info@diveSSI.com. As required by law, it may also be necessary to forward this same information to other SSI Service Centers or third parties involved in a case or in the performance of this agreement, e.g. – insurance companies, public authorities or other companies affiliated with SSI. This is only as necessary for fulfilling the training requirement, complying with legal obligations and ensuring our legitimate interests.
Your SSI Training Center will also transfer your personal data to SSI while storing and processing your personal data. If necessary, this
includes the student or professional candidate Medical Participant Questionnaire for the administration and processing of your training and certifications managed by SSI in the MySSI System – my.diveSSI.com.
The purpose of processing and storing your personal data is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by SSI (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data
We may also transfer your personal data to the following service providers in order to complete your training:
• IT service providers and/or providers of data hosting services;
• Service providers of software solutions who also support SSI in providing services including marketing tools, marketing agencies, communication service providers and call centers;
• Third parties that provide service to you, e.g.
– parcel services for the shipment of your credentials, payment service providers and
banks for processing payment;
• Other necessary third parties, e.g. – auditors, insurance companies, legal representatives,
• Officials and other public entities as required by law, e.g. – tax authorities, etc.; and,
• Industry partners within the dive industry for the purpose of personalized advertising
of diver training, products and services with the user’s consent. This includes, for example,
advertising for diving insurance, membership for divers, promotion of local training programs and events conducted by Training Centers, etc.
The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation).
SSI will transfer your personal data to external service providers only when third parties are processing the data on our behalf. We will enter into a data processing agreement to ensure that both the security of your data and our information is only used in accordance with our
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time, we may update this privacy notice. When we do, we will post it on our Website and include the effective date of the
update. If there are material changes to this privacy notice, we will post a prominent notice on our Website and provide other notice as
required by law.
Your rights regarding SSI processing and storage of your personal data:
• You have the right to access and receive a copy of your personal data at SSI, Art. 15 General
Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• If your personal data is incorrect or no longer current, you have the right to modify the information, Art. 16 GDPR.
• You have the right to obtain verification your personal data has been deleted from MySSI,
(“right to be forgotten”), Art. 17 GDPR.
• You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a commonly used and legible format.
• You also have the right to know that we may transmit your data to another controller Art.
• You have the right to obtain a copy of any restriction of processing where the
prerequisites have been met, Art.
• You have the right to not be the subject of a decision based solely on an automated process, including profiling, which may result in legal consequences or any similar affect concerning you,
Your right to object
Where your personal data is concerned for the use of direct marketing, you have the right to object to that use.
Additionally, if we process your data even for legitimate reasons, you also have the right to object at any time if grounds develop out of your specific situation.
So that SSI may process your inquiry regarding the rights listed above and ensure your personal data is not given to any unauthorized third parties, please email SSI a short description and clear direction regarding your request to object and or modify your personal data stored at
SSI. You also have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority.
In particular, the data protection authority in the country or state of your residence or place of work, if you believe that processing your personal data violated applicable data protection laws.